This smoothie is specifically formulated for the skin. It promotes the production of collagen, decreases wrinkles, controls acne breakouts and protects the skin against free radicals. In addition, it also increases energy and enhances mental clarity so it is best to consume this in the morning for breakfast.
1 packet of Acai— This antioxidant and anti-aging powerhouse protects the skin from environmental aggressors and contains a lot of fatty acids which help the skin look tight.
1/2 cup of frozen Papaya— Helps reduce pigmentation, controls acne breakouts and wrinkle formation.
2 Tbsp Flax Oil— Increases collagen production and reduces cellulite.
1 Tbsp of Tocotrienols— The premium form of vitamin E which protects the skin against free radicals, reduces redness and reduces flakiness of dry skin.
1 Tbsp Lecithin— Helps to hydrate, replenish and repair the skin due to its essential fatty acid content.
1 Tbsp e3live-– Promotes the growth of stronger nails, smoother skin and silkier hair.
1 scoop of Green Detox Powder— Contains detoxing vitamins and minerals that cleanse the skin from the inside out.
1 packet of Stevia— The only sugar that is alkaline in the body, stevia’s antioxidant, antibacterial and antiseptic activity may help with wrinkles, skin blemishes and eczema.
1/2 cup almond milk— Contains 50 percent of the recommended daily amount of vitamin E, which as mentioned above, protects the skin from free radicals.
*Mix all ingredients into a blender and top with fresh berries as desired.*
The winter months can definitely do a number on our bodies so we’ve decided to share a little secret with you about how we kickstart our health and get our bodies working optimally. This Anti-Bloat Green juice, which we drink every morning, totally gets rid of that winter bloat belly from all those holiday parties! Try it and see for yourself!
1 organic cucumber
3 stalks of organic celery
3 organic kale leaves
1/2 organic lemon
1 inch of organic ginger
1 organic green apple
Just throw it all in a juicer and you’re good to go.
Summer is right around the corner and we are going on our health kick again! As many of you know, apple cider vinegar has many detox benefits and Hope Dworaczyk swears by this liquid when she wants to get her body in tip-top shape. The logic is simple. Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid, probiotics and enzymes. These compounds form a powerful elixir that kills bad bacteria and promotes good bacteria in the body; leading to an optimal digestive system (hence a trimer waist line), stronger immune system, more energy and BETTER SKIN!
WHEN SHOULD YOU TAKE IT?
- Add 2 tbs to warm water and honey first thing upon waking and it will relieve bad breath and constipation.
- Take 2 tbs 20 minutes before a meal and it will curb your appetite, aiding in weight loss.
- Take 2 tbs after a meal and it will help with digestion.
- Take 1 tbs throughout the day if you’re tired or have a soar throat, it will boot your energy and any kill bacteria you may have.
TIP: The best apple cider vinegar to buy is by Bragg. It’s been around the longest, is 100% organic, raw and unfiltered. If you can’t find that brand, then it is important to make sure that the apple cider vinegar is raw and unfiltered, containing “the mother”, which is beneficial bacteria that your body needs to work optimally.
Maca is native to the high Andes of Peru and is rich in vitamins B, C and E. This is a SUPER power food that is great to incorporate into your breakfasts because it helps with sexual libido and stamina, energy, mood balance and skin.
Combine the following ingredients in a blender:
- 1 frozen banana (sliced)
- 1/2 cup of Blueberries
- 1-2 frozen Acai Puree Packets
- 1/2 cup of Almond Milk
- 2 tablespoons of Maca
- 1 tea-spoon of Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of Almond Butter
- 1 tablespoon of flax oil
Serve in a bowl with your favorite toppings:
- Chia Seeds
- Flax Seeds
- Hemp Seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Cacao Nibs
- Gluten free granola
- Bee Pollen
Acai has been known to be the secret super berry of the Amazon. Here’s why:
- Better sex
- Healthier Heart
- Clears skin
- Helps digestion
- Boots immunity
Acai has been known to increase energy, stamina and blood circulation. You can guess where this is leading, but what a great cocktail for a fun night out.
Good for the heart
As mentioned above, acai berries have been known to stimulate blood circulation, prevent blood clots and relax blood vessels similar to that of red wine. This is because acai is high in anthocyanins which lower cholesterol and contain plant sterols which stimulate the cardiovascular system.
Taken internally, the berries provide the skin with a natural glow, but if applied externally, acai’s antioxidant properties have contributed to healing skin conditions such as acne and discoloration. No wonder why so many skin care products contain acai oil!
Acai has high levels of natural fiber and it relieves both constipation and diarrhea by making bowel movements more regular and adding more bulk to the stool.
Immune Booster and Cancer Preventer
Acai has been known to boost the immune system by protecting the cellular system against the invasion of free radicals. A study also found that acai contains polyphenolic compounds which slow the growth of cancer by 50-80% and stop the process of carcinogenesis on a molecular level.
**Only buy organic acai. The benefits will be greater as it will contain higher levels of antioxidants and fewer chemicals.**
One of my secrets to staying healthy during cold season is drinking this special drink that my grandmother used to make. It has prevented me from getting sick anytime the flu or cold was going around and I swear by it. Whenever you feel a cold coming on, immediately create my grandmothers elixir and it will instantly boost your immune system and make you feel better.
- Boil a pot of water.
- Peel and slice 5 inches of ginger and place in the water.
- Peel an entire garlic (you do not need to cut it) and place in the water.
- Add a quarter to a half of lemon.
- Cover and allow to boil for 30 minutes until the ginger opens up. This can take a while but be patient and watch that the water doest begin to overflow.
Tip: Please only use organic ingredients for this. You do not want to consume anything that has been sprayed with chemicals when your immune system is weak.
Cheating never felt so good.
- 1 bag of Gluten Free Ginger Snap Cookies
- 6 tablespoons of salted butter
- 1/4 cups of white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 15oz can of pumpkin pie puree
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 7 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of grass-fed gelatin
- 7 oz of organic plain greek yogurt
- Crust: Smash an entire box of gluten free ginger snap cookies until the consistency is as close to flour as possible. In a medium bowl, mix the ginger cookie crumbs with butter, white sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Press into a pie pan and place in the oven at 350 F for 5 minutes. Let cool before filling.
- Filling: In a sauce pan over low heat, combine the pumpkin pie puree with pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup. Stir until all the ingredients are completely mixed together. Remove from heat and add grass-fed gelatin and plain greek yogurt. Mix well (use a blender if possible).
- Pour the filling into your gluten-free-ginger-snap-cookie-crust of deliciousness and let harden in the fridge for 4-6 hours (overnight recommended).
- Wow your guests.
With a plethora of the most savory and sweetest dishes being made for the holidays, it may be difficult to control food cravings. Read below to find out (1) why we have cravings and (2) how to control them.
Studies on pregnant women have found that the more often women experienced food cravings, the more likely they were to gain weight. This makes sense, right? If a woman has a lot of cravings, she is bound to give into some of them and gain weight. Cravings occur when our hormones are imbalanced so this not only applies to pregnant women, but women who are on their period or under stress. Because stress and menstruation occur for a short period of time, the weight gained isn’t that noticeable. But pregnancy is a different story. When you’re pregnant with nine solid months of fluctuating hormones the weight gain can be dramatic.
No matter if you’re stressed, on your period or pregnant–you have the power to control your food cravings through these 3 steps.
- Take your emotional temperature
- Find healthy replacements
- Ride it out
Take Your Emotional Temperature.
Are you feeling stressed? When we are stressed our body releases a hormone called cortisol which causes us to seek “rewards”, often times in the form of comfort foods such as candy and fast food. But by doing this, we are creating a powerful connection in our minds between feelings and food, leading to more frequent cravings that are impossible to control.
Find Healthy Replacements.
Pay attention to the kinds of foods you’re craving and categorize them by taste: salty, sweet and sour. This will help you to find healthier options that also satisfy your taste buds.
- If you’re craving salty: have a handful of salted almonds, a package of seaweed or a simple salad with olive oil and salt.
- If you’re craving sweet: have a chocolate protein bar or 2 squares of the richest dark chocolate you can find (try to avoid milk chocolate).
- If you’re craving sour: have pickled or fermented foods or some kind of vegetables (soup or salad) with lemon squeezed on top.
- Other cravings include carbs and fats. If you’re craving these: have a sweet potato, quinoa, or brown-rice pasta with a little olive oil.
Ride It Out!
Our taste buds change every 2-3 weeks. If you remember this, you will be able to completely omit certain cravings by abstaining from them for a certain period of time until you no longer crave them. When you begin to crave, realize that it is a wave and it will pass. Many people seem to think the craving builds and explodes but that’s not true. It’s a fleeting moment that needs to be replaced with something else that makes you feel good. Options: exercise, take a bubble bath, listen to music, text that guy you have a crush on, get dressed up and make plans with your girlfriend, etc.