Maybe we’re getting a little carried away with the pumpkin stuff over here but I really love everything about the weather getting cooler and the smells getting richer. I raved last week about a pumpkin face scrub that was incredible, and then a few days ago I found a Pumpkin Spice Rooibos tea at Trader Joe’s that is one of my favs, and now I’m obsessing over this Pumpkin-Apple breakfast smoothie I found on Pinterest! I’m basically just completely drowning my body in pumpkin at this point, inside and out. Thank GOD this new addiction/ obsession is a healthy one.
This nutritious smoothie is made with a pinch of pumpkin pie spice and will keep you full for hours! It tastes like a dessert but its packed full of goodness. Both the apple and oats add lots of fiber and the greek yogurt provides filling protein for even more staying power.
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp. old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 medium apple, cut into pieces (I used honeycrisp and left the skin on)
- ½ banana, sliced and frozen
- ½ cup milk (almond, soy, cow’s, etc. – whatever you prefer)
- ⅛ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 6 ice cubes
- Place oats in blender and blend for about 30 seconds until finely chopped. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.