This is one of the best drinks I’ve had this year and it’s absolutely perfect for a hot summer day. Sangria fans will love this treat.
- 2 cups watermelon balls or chunks
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 750 milliliter bottle Sauvignon blanc or other semi-dry white wine, chilled
- 1 1 liter bottle carbonated water, chilled
- Combine watermelon, cucumber, lime slices, and the 12 mint leaves.
- In a small bowl and stir together lime juice and honey until combined.
- Pour over melon mixture. Add wine, stirring gently.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
To serve, stir in carbonated water. Ladle or pour into glasses. If desired, garnish with additional mint.