What is a Bombette to do for her honey? Get him a Bee Farm, of course!
Back in December, I began the process of installing honeybees in Malibu so I could make Honey for my Honey! I created beautiful jars, customized a logo and it was only until recently that my husband and I suited up and shared our first apiculture experience together!
The process of keeping and maintaining bees is actually quite simple when you compare it with the incredible impact it has on our world! Bees play a crucial role, not only in the homemade face masks and body scrubs I create, but in pollinating our food and the food of animals that we then consume! So without them, our ecosystem would deteriorate and we would not have the fruits and vegetables that we eat today!
This gift is not only a wonderful addition to our Malibu community, but more importantly, the sweetness that bees bring both inside and outside our home was a metaphor for the sweetness my wonderful husband brings to our family and so many others.
In addition to the honey that bee’s produce, they also produce something called Royal Jelly which contains insurmountable health benefits and is a NECESSITY for EVERYONE. In terms of daily personal care, if I had to place this in an order of importance, it would go: (1) sleep, (2) water, (3) royal jelly. It is more important than any daily multivitamin or supplement and I use it EVERYDAY for health and beauty! Royal Jelly is a special substance secreted by worker bees for the queen bee to eat. It has more nutrients than honey and contains certain proteins that:
- Increase fertility
- Increase metabolism
- Increase collagen production
- Increase stamina
- Regulate insulin levels
- Regulate hormones
- Aid weight loss
- Boost immunity
- Ease menopausal symptoms
- Decrease acne
- Fight cancer
Although we make our own, you can buy this in most health foods stores like Whole Foods. I also really like another honey product called Bee Panacea. It contains a mixture of royal jelly and other superfoods and it is SO unbelievably nutrient-dense, you almost don’t mind the astronomical price!
It’s time to play a little games and get cozy in these super cute PJ’s! We take our holidays very seriously and it’s important to understand the Christmas morning dress code: PJs ONLY!
#1 THE SPARKLE
They say fashion comes and goes but style lasts forever. The sparkly dress has stood the test of time and is thee style piece to be worn in December. This is in large part due to (1) daylight savings ending and being that it gets darker earlier, we want to wear something that stands out and (2) trying to outshine the Christmas and New Years decorations.
#2 THE SHEER
Imagine a sheer dress like a cookie jar. You can see inside just enough where it makes your mouth start to water, and you can look but you can’t touch. Sheer dresses work in this manner, and the more the fabric covers the sexier it becomes.
#3 THE SLIP
The Slip is a soft and sensual staple piece that can truly go from daytime to night time. Dress it up with a fur coat, wear it down with jeans and a white t-shirt underneath or make it business casual with a blazer. It’s simply the most versatile piece and it takes up the same amount of room in a suitcase as a little black dress! The best way to wear it for a more elegant look is to mix it with different fabric mediums like leather or velvet (preferably of the same color) so that it compliments the luminosity of the slip.
TO ENTER: Instagram a pic a day with that day’s theme counting down the 12 Days Till Christmas. The contest begins December 12th. You must be following @TheBombette, and tag #BombetteGiveaway in each post. One entry per photo. Winner will be announced December 24th.
12 DAYS ‘TIL CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY
- 12 days ’til Christmas: Ugly Sweater
- 11 days ’til Christmas: My Vanity
- 10 days ’til Christmas: Party
- 9 days ’til Christmas: Favorite holiday beverage
- 8 days ’til Christmas: Wish list
- 7 days ’til Christmas: Naughty or Nice
- 6 days ’til Christmas: Holiday party outfit
- 5 days ’til Christmas: What’s in my clutch
- 4 days ’til Christmas: Throwback photo
- 3 days ’til Christmas: Shopping
- 2 days ’til Christmas: Christmas Tree
- 1 day ’til Christmas: Gifts
BOMBETTE “12 DAYS ’TIL CHRISTMAS” INSTAGRAM GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN AND A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. PRIZE ACCEPTANCE RELEASE MAY BE REQUIRED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST YOU MUST AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH CREATE A CONTRACT SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUCH CONTRACT INCLUDES GRANTS OF RIGHTS AND INDEMNITIES TO SPONSOR FROM YOU AND MANDATORY ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Eligibility: The Bombette “12 Days ’Til Christmas” Instagram Giveaway is open only to legal residents of the United States (excluding residents of Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories, possessions and overseas installations) and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Bombette, 400 5th Ave, 49F New York, NY 10018 (“Sponsor”). This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Instagram. You must abide by Instagram’s Terms and Conditions to participate in this Contest.
3. Prizes: ONE (1) PRIZE: A La Mer Lifting & Reparative Collection set, valued at $525. No substitution of prize will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Prize is nontransferable. No cash alternative or prize substitutions allowed, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes may not be sold, bartered, or exchanged by the winners.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on December 11, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on December 24, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. PT
5. How to Enter: You must join Instagram in order to participate in the Contest. Instagram is free to join. To enter the Contest, a participant must:
(a) Follow Instagram feed @bombette on Instagram and
(b) Submit a post of a picture of the contents of your that days contest theme with the hashtag #BombetteGiveaway and tag @theBombette (each a “Submission”).