Ladies, your hands are one of those things that people take notice to. It’s also a very sensual part of our bodies, equivalent to the clavicle. So it’s important to take care of them! For a hand model, her hands are her lifeline – and she is constantly exfoliating, moisturizing and manicuring them. The best part about this is that is doesn’t take much time or money to make and maintain your hands! The same way you care for your face should be the same way you care for your hands – it’s all about getting into that routine.
Follow these 3 SIMPLE HAND CARE RULES for beautiful, elegant and soft hands
- Moisturize your hands every time you wash them. Even if you have a moisturizing soap, it still dries the hands out. Especially if you are using warm to hot water, that dries them out as well!
- When you exfoliate your face, use the product to also exfoliate your hands because the skin on your hands needs to be sloughed off as well.
- Lastly, use a cuticle moisturizer and NEVER cut your cuticles! I repeat, never cut your cuticles! Why? Because the cuticle is your nails natural protective seal and blocks bacteria and ensures proper nail growth. Instead, keep it simple and just moisturize them with a cuticle oil like the one shown below and GENTLY push them back.
SHOP WHAT’S IN OUR MAKE-UP BAG
What is a Bombette to do for her honey? Get him a Bee Farm, of course!
Back in December, I began the process of installing honeybees in Malibu so I could make Honey for my Honey! I created beautiful jars, customized a logo and it was only until recently that my husband and I suited up and shared our first apiculture experience together!
The process of keeping and maintaining bees is actually quite simple when you compare it with the incredible impact it has on our world! Bees play a crucial role, not only in the homemade face masks and body scrubs I create, but in pollinating our food and the food of animals that we then consume! So without them, our ecosystem would deteriorate and we would not have the fruits and vegetables that we eat today!
This gift is not only a wonderful addition to our Malibu community, but more importantly, the sweetness that bees bring both inside and outside our home was a metaphor for the sweetness my wonderful husband brings to our family and so many others.
In addition to the honey that bee’s produce, they also produce something called Royal Jelly which contains insurmountable health benefits and is a NECESSITY for EVERYONE. In terms of daily personal care, if I had to place this in an order of importance, it would go: (1) sleep, (2) water, (3) royal jelly. It is more important than any daily multivitamin or supplement and I use it EVERYDAY for health and beauty! Royal Jelly is a special substance secreted by worker bees for the queen bee to eat. It has more nutrients than honey and contains certain proteins that:
- Increase fertility
- Increase metabolism
- Increase collagen production
- Increase stamina
- Regulate insulin levels
- Regulate hormones
- Aid weight loss
- Boost immunity
- Ease menopausal symptoms
- Decrease acne
- Fight cancer
Although we make our own, you can buy this in most health foods stores like Whole Foods. I also really like another honey product called Bee Panacea. It contains a mixture of royal jelly and other superfoods and it is SO unbelievably nutrient-dense, you almost don’t mind the astronomical price!
Getty/Design by Candace Napier
A HydraFacial is basically a super intense facial that involves the following four things:
- Chemical Peel
- Special Hydration Serum
I know you may think this is the same routine you receive when you go to your esthetician, but I can assure you that this is not your average facial. The technology and serums used in HydraFacials have actually been patented to ensure your skin is clear of the following three things:
I have never seen such immediate results in my skin before! My face was softer, free from blemishes and was literally glowing all month long! After I received compliments that I looked younger, that was the point of no return and I have made an effort to get one HydraFacial a month to ensure my skin stays beautiful and, most importantly, healthy!
In addition, please follow these three beauty tips before your facial:
- Do NOT plan something important within 24 hours after your facial. Your skin may be red that day or the day after and you do NOT want to put any make-up on or it will clog your pores.
- Reduce sugar intake and increase water intake the week before and the week after your facial. This will maximize your skins receptivity to the treatment.
- If you need to do any hair removal processes this must be done at least one week prior. If you do it too closely to the facial, your skin could peel and become unsightly.
Summer is right around the corner and we are going on our health kick again! As many of you know, apple cider vinegar has many detox benefits and Hope Dworaczyk swears by this liquid when she wants to get her body in tip-top shape. The logic is simple. Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid, probiotics and enzymes. These compounds form a powerful elixir that kills bad bacteria and promotes good bacteria in the body; leading to an optimal digestive system (hence a trimer waist line), stronger immune system, more energy and BETTER SKIN!
WHEN SHOULD YOU TAKE IT?
- Add 2 tbs to warm water and honey first thing upon waking and it will relieve bad breath and constipation.
- Take 2 tbs 20 minutes before a meal and it will curb your appetite, aiding in weight loss.
- Take 2 tbs after a meal and it will help with digestion.
- Take 1 tbs throughout the day if you’re tired or have a soar throat, it will boot your energy and any kill bacteria you may have.
TIP: The best apple cider vinegar to buy is by Bragg. It’s been around the longest, is 100% organic, raw and unfiltered. If you can’t find that brand, then it is important to make sure that the apple cider vinegar is raw and unfiltered, containing “the mother”, which is beneficial bacteria that your body needs to work optimally.
Maca is native to the high Andes of Peru and is rich in vitamins B, C and E. This is a SUPER power food that is great to incorporate into your breakfasts because it helps with sexual libido and stamina, energy, mood balance and skin.
Combine the following ingredients in a blender:
- 1 frozen banana (sliced)
- 1/2 cup of Blueberries
- 1-2 frozen Acai Puree Packets
- 1/2 cup of Almond Milk
- 2 tablespoons of Maca
- 1 tea-spoon of Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of Almond Butter
- 1 tablespoon of flax oil
Serve in a bowl with your favorite toppings:
- Chia Seeds
- Flax Seeds
- Hemp Seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Cacao Nibs
- Gluten free granola
- Bee Pollen
Acai has been known to be the secret super berry of the Amazon. Here’s why:
- Better sex
- Healthier Heart
- Clears skin
- Helps digestion
- Boots immunity
Acai has been known to increase energy, stamina and blood circulation. You can guess where this is leading, but what a great cocktail for a fun night out.
Good for the heart
As mentioned above, acai berries have been known to stimulate blood circulation, prevent blood clots and relax blood vessels similar to that of red wine. This is because acai is high in anthocyanins which lower cholesterol and contain plant sterols which stimulate the cardiovascular system.
Taken internally, the berries provide the skin with a natural glow, but if applied externally, acai’s antioxidant properties have contributed to healing skin conditions such as acne and discoloration. No wonder why so many skin care products contain acai oil!
Acai has high levels of natural fiber and it relieves both constipation and diarrhea by making bowel movements more regular and adding more bulk to the stool.
Immune Booster and Cancer Preventer
Acai has been known to boost the immune system by protecting the cellular system against the invasion of free radicals. A study also found that acai contains polyphenolic compounds which slow the growth of cancer by 50-80% and stop the process of carcinogenesis on a molecular level.
**Only buy organic acai. The benefits will be greater as it will contain higher levels of antioxidants and fewer chemicals.**
First, lets begin with a little weather and science 101 to understand why our skin gets so dry in the winter! Cold air holds less moisture than warm air, so when it get’s colder in the winter months there is naturally less moisture in the air. This causes our skin to feel dry, but it doesn’t stop there. When we are indoors and turn the heat up in an already-dry-climate, the heat absorbs the remaining moisture in the air and this is when our skin truly starts to dry out. That being said, here is how we keep our skin healthy and hydrated during winter months:
- It’s all about stability. Our skin is capable of doing amazing things and has the ability to adjust to low humidity levels as long as the environments are kept fairly consistent in terms of temperature. Since we know that heat further absorbs humidity in the air, keeping the heater on low prevents your skin from loosing more moisture in the transition from outside to inside temperatures.
- Warm showers. I know it might be tempting to take a steaming hot shower, but it will do more harm than good for your skin. Any heat applied to your skin during the winter months will cause your skin to loose moisture, hence taking a lukewarm to warm shower is ideal.
- Moisturize. Probably thee most important thing you can do for your skin during this time. I prefer to use coconut oil and will occasionally apply vaseline to severely dry areas. Make sure to always moisturize after taking a shower because that is when your skin will be the driest.
One of my secrets to staying healthy during cold season is drinking this special drink that my grandmother used to make. It has prevented me from getting sick anytime the flu or cold was going around and I swear by it. Whenever you feel a cold coming on, immediately create my grandmothers elixir and it will instantly boost your immune system and make you feel better.
- Boil a pot of water.
- Peel and slice 5 inches of ginger and place in the water.
- Peel an entire garlic (you do not need to cut it) and place in the water.
- Add a quarter to a half of lemon.
- Cover and allow to boil for 30 minutes until the ginger opens up. This can take a while but be patient and watch that the water doest begin to overflow.
Tip: Please only use organic ingredients for this. You do not want to consume anything that has been sprayed with chemicals when your immune system is weak.